Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More on Sol Stern and Ramparts

Sol Stern's piece on Ramparts was quickly picked up by Ron Radosh at Pajamas Media and David Horowitz's staff at FrontPage. I responded to Radosh's post, Sol replied to my comment, and I answered Sol's.

I can't be sure any minds were changed, but at least I wasn't preaching to the choir. I don't think Ron Radosh had read my book, but Sol's personal experience at Ramparts and familiarity with my account forced me to defend my claims about the magazine and its legacy.

The truth is I'd much rather argue with someone like Sol than rehearse my points with an uninformed sympathizer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Matt Bokovoy said...

Hi Peter,

I'm glad that the book is generating conversation with the American Right. Radosh is legendary for responding without having read someone's book, so consider this an honor!