Friday, December 05, 2008

Power Book


I attended a book event last night with Nancy Pelosi at the California Historical Society on Mission Street in San Francisco. Turns out the same building served as her campaign headquarters in 1987, when she first ran for Congress.

The book is called Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters. Publishers Weekly calls it a "graceful personal and political history ... A gentle account from a tough politician."

It was a very worthwhile event. Her stories were great, and the whole thing was well paced and organized. (I don't think it's related, but this was the first book event I've attended that featured Secret Service personnel.) It was also well attended--maybe 200 people, not counting the protestors hollering at the top of their lungs outside. When I tried to talk with them afterward, they shouted at me. So it goes.

No comments: