Friday, November 16, 2007

Christine Pelosi's Campaign Boot Camp


I attended a book party last night for Christine Pelosi's Campaign Boot Camp at The Crossroads Cafe, the Delancey Street Foundation bookstore and cafe in San Francisco. Wonderful time. Among the celebrants were Paul Pelosi (pere), Chronicle columnist Phil Matier, and Neil MacFarquhar, a New York Times national correspondent and author of The Sand Cafe.

I visited with Christine's fiance, film producer Peter Kaufman, whom I met last summer at a North Beach restaurant with our children. But until last night, I didn't realize that Peter had worked on such films as Henry and June, Rising Sun, and The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Nor did I realize that his father is Philip Kaufman, whose credits also include The Right Stuff, The Outlaw Josey Wales, etc. Glad I asked.

Did I mention that Campaign Boot Camp is a PoliPointPress book?

No comments: